GGC at a Glance
Georgia Gwinnett College is a dynamic learning community where student engagement and faculty-student mentoring are the hallmark. GGC has an average class size of 19 students. Small classes, student support, high-tech classrooms and flexible scheduling make success possible for everyone at GGC.
- Most ethnically diverse Southern regional college, public or private, according to U.S. News & World Report magazine (2015-23)
- No. 12 top public Southern regional college, according to U.S. News & World Report magazine (2023)
- Bronze 2022-2023 Military Friendly® School designation, indicating support of military students with dedicated resources to ensure success in the classroom and after graduation
- Established in 2005 as the nation's first four-year public college founded in the 21st century, and the first four-year public institution created in Georgia in more than 100 years
- 11,030 students (fall 2022)
- About 65 percent are full-time, 35 percent part-time
- Student population is 59 percent female, 41 percent male.
- College of choice for Gwinnett, enrolling more Gwinnett County students than any other institution. About 76 percent of GGC students are from Gwinnett.
- 29 U.S. states and 112 nations represented among the student body
- Full-time instructional faculty: 447
- Part-time instructional faculty: 119
- Nearly all of the college’s full-time faculty hold a Ph.D. or other professional terminal degree.
- The faculty’s primary roles are teaching and student engagement.
- 21 majors with 60+ programs of study
- Small classes; average size of 19 students
- Flexible scheduling (weekday, evening and weekend classes) to accommodates today's busy students
Student Support and Faculty Engagement
- Student Success programs ensure that all GGC students, regardless of their academic preparation, have comprehensive support to develop skills needed to succeed.
- Faculty mentors work closely with students throughout their years at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Faculty are available to students via cell phone for questions and academic assistance outside the office.
- Career services available.
- Disability services available.
- Student wellness offers counseling, health services and fitness.
- Honors Program
- Intercollegiate athletic teams: 6
- Student clubs: over 100
- National honor society chapters at GGC: 17
- Student housing for more than 1,000 students
- Student Involvement support for a full range of student-engaging events
- Access to thriving student housing program
- Two-, four-, six-, eight- or 12-bedroom suites, featuring private bedrooms and shared living spaces
- All suites fully furnished, including kitchenettes
- Exclusive amenities and benefits, including on-site laundry facilities that email when your clothes are done
- Students are immersed in a high-level technology environment in every classroom.
- All classrooms feature “smart” technology. Teachers control many different tools while lecturing – the internet, media players and overhead digital projectors. A built-in recorder can capture the lecture and save it to a website or email. Students have more options for acquiring, reviewing and retaining lecture content.
- Online tools give students access to class information, providing the flexibility to learn at home, in the classroom or in the office.
Learn more about our students and campus through our history and GGC Facts.
View our general organizational chart (PDF) to get a snapshot of GGC's administrative structure.
*Exact numbers vary slightly from semester to semester.