GGC at a Glance
Georgia Gwinnett College is a dynamic learning community where student engagement and faculty-student mentoring are the hallmark. GGC has an average class size of 19 students. Small classes, student support, high-tech classrooms and flexible scheduling make success possible for everyone at GGC.
- Most ethnically diverse Southern regional college, public or private, according to U.S. News & World Report magazine (2015-23)
- No. 12 top public Southern regional college, according to U.S. News & World Report magazine (2023)
- Bronze 2022-2023 Military Friendly® School designation, indicating support of military students with dedicated resources to ensure success in the classroom and after graduation
- Established in 2005 as the nation's first four-year public college founded in the 21st century, and the first four-year public institution created in Georgia in more than 100 years
- 11,030 students (fall 2022)
- About 65 percent are full-time, 35 percent part-time
- Student population is 59 percent female, 41 percent male.
- College of choice for Gwinnett, enrolling more Gwinnett County students than any other institution. About 76 percent of GGC students are from Gwinnett.
- 29 U.S. states and 112 nations represented among the student body
- Full-time instructional faculty: 447
- Part-time instructional faculty: 119
- Nearly all of the college’s full-time faculty hold a Ph.D. or other professional terminal degree.
- The faculty’s primary roles are teaching and student engagement.
- 21 majors with 60+ programs of study
- Small classes; average size of 19 students
- Flexible scheduling (weekday, evening and weekend classes) to accommodates today's busy students
Student Support and Faculty Engagement
- Student Success programs ensure that all GGC students, regardless of their academic preparation, have comprehensive support to develop skills needed to succeed.
- Faculty mentors work closely with students throughout their years at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Faculty are available to students via cell phone for questions and academic assistance outside the office.
- Career services available.
- Disability services available.
- Student wellness offers counseling, health services and fitness.
- Honors Program
- Intercollegiate Athletic Teams: 6
- Student Clubs: over 100
- National Honor Society Chapters at GGC: 17
- Student housing for more than 1,000 students
- Full-service Student Involvement in the Student Center
- Access to thriving student housing program
- Two-, four-, six-, eight- or 12-bedroom suites, featuring private bedrooms and shared living spaces
- All suites fully furnished, including kitchenettes
- Exclusive amenities and benefits, including on-site laundry facilities that email when your clothes are done
- Students are immersed in a high-level technology environment in every classroom.
- All classrooms feature “smart” technology. Teachers control many different tools while lecturing – the internet, media players and overhead digital projectors. A built-in recorder can capture the lecture and save it to a website or email. Students have more options for acquiring, reviewing and retaining lecture content.
- Online tools give students access to class information, providing the flexibility to learn at home, in the classroom or in the office.
View our general organizational chart (PDF) to get a snapshot of GGC's administrative structure.
*Exact numbers vary slightly from semester to semester.