Your participation in Commencement comprises the heart and soul of each ceremony and positively contributes to the success of the event for our Grizzly family of GGC graduates and their guests.
Mace, seal and standard bearers lead the GGC faculty processional. Prompt arrival at both the rehearsal and commencement ceremony is appreciated.
Plan to rehearse the day before the ceremony for approximately one hour. Commencement staff will assist and provide specific information closer to the rehearsal date.
Expect to arrive one hour prior to the ceremony start time. Gas South Arena, arena bowl level, Green Room (1221), faculty robing/staging area (GGC standards and mace positioned in Green Room for pickup)
- After signing up, Commencement staff coordinators will provide details about your assignments, email calendar invites and answer any remaining questions.
- Ceremony attendance lasts approximately five hours.
- Bring your GGC Claw Card for check-in.
- Get info on parking and directions for faculty and staff and Gas South Arena security and safety procedures.
- Check regalia for serviceability prior to ceremony.
- Wear comfortable shoes for both the rehearsal (mace and standard bearers) and ceremony.
- The Green Room will be locked during the ceremony to secure faculty personal items; however, faculty are advised to leave as many personal items at home as possible.
- Eat a good breakfast before arriving the morning of the ceremony.
- Coffee, juice and water will be available at the ceremony.
Parking is free for faculty/staff in Deck 3 only. You’ll need to show your Claw Card for entry into the parking garage.
2693 Meadow Church Road, Duluth, GA 30097
Directions from Sugarloaf Parkway
- Turn onto Meadow Church Road and turn left onto Paul McCartney Blvd.
- Drive to the bottom of the hill, stop, take a left before the gate and then an immediate right.
- Drive until you see Parking Deck 3, making a right into level 3 of the parking deck.
- Follow the flags and parking attendant direction.
- Once you have parked your car, proceed to the elevator banks on the side of the deck closest to the arena and take the elevator or stairs to Level 2.
- Walk through Level 2 toward the back of the arena.
- Arrive at the backside of the deck and make a left to walk down the sidewalk.
- Enter the arena through double glass doors at the rear of the arena.