International Student Admission Requirements
Complete the 4 steps that follow to apply.
1. Check Dates and Deadlines
All application materials must be submitted by the dates below for each semester.
Fall Semester – May 2
Spring Semester – Nov. 1
Summer Semester – April 4
Application and document deadlines may be extended by the vice president of Enrollment Management Services in consultation with others, if conditions warrant. The Admissions office will communicate date changes to prospective students via the GGC website and other communications. Deadlines falling on the weekend will be the next business day.
2. Create Grizzly Profile to Apply Online
Create your Grizzly Profile to apply online, manage your progress and submit the required $30 application fee (Dual Enrollment exempted from application fee). Completing your profile also connects you to your admissions counselor, and offers a personalized application experience, helpful tips and reminders, status updates, and invitations to exclusive events. View Admissions introduction video.
3. Review Admission Requirements
Manage submissions and approvals by monitoring email and your online Grizzly Profile account.
International Student Admission
Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirement
Freshman GPA Requirement
- Meet the minimum 2.00 high school GPA
Transfer GPA Requirement
- Meet the minimum cumulative 2.00 GPA from all previously attended colleges/universities.
- Must be eligible to re-enroll at the last institution attended.
Proof of English Proficiency Requirement
International applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency. Please refer to the English Proficiency Chart from the University System of Georgia for approved exams and other approved evaluations of English.
- Georgia Gwinnett College’s required minimum score for TOEFL IBT is 74 and IELTS is 6.
Applicants may be waived of the English proficiency requirement if their ACCUPLACER scores place them into college-level English with no required co-requisite.
- Required minimum scores for Next Gen ACCUPLACER: Reading Comprehension 237 | WritePlacer 4
Transfer students with completion of the equivalent of English 1101 or 1102 with a grade of “C” or better from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university may be waived of the English proficiency requirement.
Transcript Documentation Requirement
- All international high school credentials must be evaluated by a NACES member agency or by InCred.*^
- A document by document evaluation with GPA calculation may be accepted. Applicants who submit an evaluation without a GPA calculation are required to submit SAT, ACT or ACCUPLACER scores.
- For post-secondary coursework completed outside of the United States, applicants are required to submit a course-by-course evaluation completed by a NACES member evaluation agency or by InCred.*
- High school transcripts/evaluations are not required for applicants with 30 or more transferable college credits.
*If you were recruited as a varsity intercollegiate student athlete to participate in GGC's athletic program, please submit an InCred credential evaluation of your foreign credentials. For more information, please contact @email.
^GGC may accept official international high school documents in lieu of a completed NACES member/InCred evaluation if an exception is granted based on your unique hardship or other special circumstances.
4. Admitted Students
Requirements for Accepted International Students
Proof of Financial Resources
F-1 international students must verify that either the student or his/her sponsor has the necessary funds to pay for tuition and living expenses while the student is enrolled at GGC. Please review the estimated cost of attendance for the academic year.
An original bank statement or bank letter on bank letterhead showing available liquid balance to cover the student’s expenses for one academic year is required. The bank letter should include the signature of the bank official and/or bank stamp, account number, the currency of the funds, bank official's contact information including telephone number, address and/or email address. Financial documents must be written in English or a certified English translation must be attached.
If a student has a sponsor, a signed Affidavit of Financial Support (PDF) is also required.
After receiving an admission decision, new students will be provided with instructions for submitting their proof of financial resources.
Presidential Out-of-State Tuition Waiver
Presidential out-of-state tuition waivers may be granted to international students who have demonstrated the potential to succeed as a student at Georgia Gwinnett College. Awards are granted based on the student’s academic achievement. Due to the limited number of available waivers, students are encouraged to email their interest early at email@example.com.